To file a Fictitious Business Name Statement with The Intermountain News:
• The cost is $55 to have it published four weeks in The News, payable by either check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
• Usually the only page we need sent to us is the one that has the signature of the person who filed with the county appearing on that page. If you have multiple partners or the FBNS is extensive, the words in red “See Attached” may appear where the signature would appear. In that case, we would also need that second page that would show the signature.
• You can send your FBNS either by snail mail to: P.O. Box 1030, Burney, CA 96013 or by facsimile to 530-303-1528 (a cover page is not necessary), or you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you email it, you can either scan the page or take a photograph of the page using a smart phone. If you photograph the page, make sure you include the ENTIRE page. Also, just before you attach the page – either on an iPhone or Android – you will be given the options to send the photo as either a SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE or ACTUAL SIZE. Send it Actual Size as that is the largest resolution and the one we need. Also, in the body of the email include a message telephone number where we can reach you to obtain credit card information at a later date for the $55 payment. If you want an email or text message receipt showing the credit card payment, let us know where to text message or email that receipt.
• Or pay online at: https://squareup.com/store/the-intermountain-news
• At the end of the four-publication run, we will send a Proof of Publication to the County Clerk’s office so that you don’t have to do that. We don’t automatically send you a copy of the Proof of Publication, but if you would like a copy, indicate an email address where that should be sent.
• If you have further questions, please telephone 530-725-0925.
Print This Page Out As A PDF